Monday, September 19, 2011

Books, books, books!

I just finished writing a grant for some non-fiction and hisotircal fiction books for our classroom.  In the process, I got to do one of my favorite things, book shop.  Here are some books I stumbled upon that I must have: 

One World One Day
This reminds me of this weird documentary Mason made me watch called Babies.  The book is all pictures of kids throughout their day doing simillar tasks, but in totally different ways and different places.  It's one of those books I just want to hold. 

The Chronicles of Harris Burdick
Ohhhh Chris Van Allsburg, the author of The Polar Express to all my friends who are reading this.  Anyways, Chris Van Allsburg wrote the book, The Mysteries of Harris Burdick.  Which is a baller book of mysterious pictures with short little phrases.  It has always been a fun writing activity to have students write their own stories to go along with the pictures.  In this book, well known authors such as Lois Lowry, Louis Sachar, Kate DiCamillo and Stephen King have written their own stories to go along with the pictures.   Finally!  One more month till this one comes out! 


Team Moon:  How 400,000 People Landed Apollo 11 on the Moon

I love outer space, seriously.. I could probably think about it for hours..  It's amazing.  Team Moon tells the story of the people who made the Apollo 11 possible, which is an interesting perpsective.  This book is filled with tons of photographs that document the journey to the moon. 


Now there are plenty of other books, but all my new TV shows started tonight.  I'm off to go park myself on the couch for another hour till bedtime.  Whew! 

1 comment:

  1. I have and LOVE The Mysteries of Harris Burdick. I use it as a writng activity every year during Halloween! How crazy, I didn't think many people knew about that book. I had no clue about The Chronicles of Harris Burdick! I am suuuper excited for this!

    ReplyDelete