Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fiesta!

I frequently tell my roommate Rosie that I could eat salsa with a spoon.  And.. confession, sometimes I do.  A fellow fifth grade teacher makes THE BEST salsa in the world.  It's delish.  Yesterday, I decided to give it a go.  And let me preface this recipe with the fact I had to text my mother in a frenzy so she could go over the difference between diced, minced, chopped and sliced.  (Her response:  Just cut it all the same!)


12 oz. can sweet yellow corn, drained

15 oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed

1 c. grape tomatoes, sliced
14.5 oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1 bunch cilantro, minced
1 red onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 large avocado, diced 

1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 c. olive oil

Basically chop everything up and mix together.  



Now, next time I make this.. I promise not to forget chips at the grocery store and cause myself to make an extra trip to the store.  Classic mistake.  

In other news:  Three more days of school and eight days until Christmas!  

Now.. All I need is this wrapping paper to wrap all my gifts!  Ha!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment