Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh, Oh... It's Magic!

My college professors always preached that teaching was equally a science and an art.  I have come to terms with this idea through the last two years and I can say with 100% confidence that teaching ten year olds the week before Christmas is definitely an art.  It's all about survival, ladies and gentlemen!  

Today I decided to try an experiment I saw on Pinterest... and, it's magic.  Everyone likes a little Christmas magic, right?  

Start with a plate of milk.  (Skim milk works best.)  


Drop about four-five drops of food coloring into the center of the milk.  


Then, take a dropper and drop a single drop of dish soap into the center of the dye.  

Annnndddd.. Instantly:  




BAM!  You can only imagine the shrieks that occurred in Room 209 after this.  


Now to make this even more festive, I had each child cut out a coffee filter snowflake and dip it into this magical liquid.  Now our snowflakes turned out a littttle more brown, but here's the jist:  



Now, watch the magic for yourself:  



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment