Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Day!

Last week, I got wonderful news that I had recieved a grant I had written for books in the classroom.  Of course it was a big production with a lady coming in with a balloon and me turning bright red.  I think the ten year olds dreams were squashed when they realized the money was actually not going to be put towards a pizza party, but I think they will be excited with some of the books our classroom will be recieving in the upcoming weeks. 

Here are a few books that will be gracing the shelves soon:

Heart and Soul: The Story of America and African Americans
Kids at Work: Lewis Hine and the Crusade Against Child Labor

The Dust Bowl Through the Lens: How Photography Revealed and Helped Remedy a National Disaster

We Are America: A Tribute from the Heart

Rosa (Caldecott Honor Book)


Moonshot: The Flight of Apollo 11 (Richard Jackson Books (Atheneum Hardcover))

Christmas is coming early to Room 209!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment